It is unlikely that you come across a sports club in which there are no exercise bikes. When exercising on this device, riding a regular bicycle is simulated. The device contributes to the development of strength and endurance, strengthening the cardiovascular system, respiratory organs. Regular exercise significantly reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. The load falls on the muscles of the legs, buttocks, and the press. The muscles are strengthened, the mobility of the joints increases, the ligaments are strengthened.
Benefits of classes
Although the simulator looks like a bicycle, there are some differences: the device has no wheels, the handlebar cannot be turned, the legs are secured with special belts.
There are a number of advantages to practicing in a sports club:
- The stationary bike can be used by people who are prohibited from other cardio activities, such as running and jumping.
- Classes are completely safe, there is no need to purchase additional protective equipment – knee pads, helmet, etc.
- Cycling training depends on the season, weather, road conditions. You can use a stationary bike in the sports club all year round at any time of the day.
- This simulator has a minimum of contraindications, overweight people and the elderly are trained on it. The simulator is suitable for use by persons with reduced mobility.
- Exercises on the simulator lasting 1 hour can burn 500 kilocalories, improve the metabolic process in the body. Therefore, the simulator is a good assistant in the fight against extra pounds. You can not only reduce body weight, but also improve your figure. During the workout, the muscles of the thighs and abdomen are strengthened. However, you must not forget about diet. It is important to control the amount of food consumed and its calorie content.
- Exercise on a stationary bike is a good way to tidy up not only the figure, but also the nervous system. It has long been noted that exercise reduces stress. You can play your favorite music during your workout and get the most out of it.
Some diseases are an obstacle to active exercise:
- heart disease – defects, angina pectoris, tachycardia, heart failure;
- acute forms of the disease;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases.
Even a healthy person should consult their doctor before starting workouts in a sports club. After this conversation, talk to a trainer who will help you find the right level of load for you. Pay attention to your condition as you continue training. If you experience chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, stop and see your doctor.
A few tips
To get the most out of your physical activity, there are some guidelines to follow:
- Be sure to warm up before exercising to warm up your muscles. Finish your workout with stretching.
- The optimal duration is one hour, the regularity is 3-4 times a week.
- Monitor your pulse. Its value after exercise is determined as a percentage of the maximum allowable age heart rate. For beginners, the frequency of impacts should not exceed 65–70% of the maximum value. With a good level of training, this figure can reach 80%.
- Increase the load gradually, give the body a chance to get used to it.
- Be sure to drink water, take a 1.5-2 liter bottle of still water with you to your workout.
By following these simple rules, you will get health benefits and a boost of good mood from exercising on a stationary bike.